Recipe by Chef Dennis Leslie
650g chicken thighs
3 stems of lemongrass, outer husks removed, tips removed, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp peanut oil
4 stems of spring onion, finely sliced and placed in ice water to curl
1. Mix the lemongrass, garlic, oyster sauce and peanut oil together.
2. Place the chicken in the marinade and mix thoroughly. Allow to sit in marinade for at least 30 minutes, or preferably overnight.
3. Carefully oil the bars of a grill.
4. Grill the chicken for at least 3 minutes on each side to get the colour and smoky flavour from the grill.
5. Serve with spring onion curls.