Recipe by Chef Dennis Leslie
300g lasagne pasta sheets
2 shallots, peeled and sliced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced/crushed
1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
60g dried forest mushrooms, reconstituted in boiling water and strained
100g button mushrooms, sliced 1mm thick
100g fresh (or frozen) peas
120g fresh broad beans, blanched and peeled
2 bunches of broccolini
120g goats curd
30g almonds, roughly chopped and toasted
100g Pecorino cheese
extra virgin olive oil
- Put a large pot of water on to boil with 1 tablespoon of salt. Once boiling, place the pasta sheets into the water. Cook until al dente.
- In the meantime, heat up a large pan and add a little olive oil and all of the butter on medium high heat.
- Add the chillies and shallots and cook until the shallots turn slightly clear.
- Add the garlic and stir through, cooking for a further minute.
- Add all of the mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes, continually stirring.
- Just before straining the pasta, place the peas, broad beans and broccolini in the same pot as the pasta and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the pasta, peas, broad beans and broccolini. Tear the pasta into smaller strips.
- Once drained, add the pasta and vegetables to the pan. Toss the pasta through the mushrooms. Once mixed through, turn off the heat and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Using a fine grater or microplane, grate the pecorino into the pasta. Stir through.
- Divide the pasta into four bowls and dollop goats curd on top with a sprinkling of toasted, chopped almonds.