Recipe by Chef Richard Ousby
4 chicken breasts (tenderloin removed)
280g pancetta – thinly sliced length ways
10ml cooking oil
100g raw macadamia nuts
100ml butter milk
10g pickled garlic
10g pickled garlic liquid
Juice of ½ a small lemon
1. Layout the sliced pancetta on top of baking paper, have the pancetta slightly overlapping.
2. Gently place the chicken breast in the centre of the pancetta – slightly season and wrap the breast completely.
3. Rest seam side down in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
4. Pre heat oven to 180°C.
5. Now with a hot frying pan heat up 10ml of cooking oil.
6. Caramelise both sides of the wrapped chicken.
7. Place in roasting tray.
8. Cook chicken in oven for about 10 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
9. Rest for 5 min before serving.
1. Put macadamia nuts, buttermilk, pickled garlic, lemon juice and pickled garlic liquid into a blender.
2. Blitz everything together until fine and smooth – season to taste.
3. Pass through a fine strainer and keep refrigerated.
4. Keep refrigerated until half an hour before serving.
1. Take the top and skin off the pineapple and quarter it cutting from the top of the pineapple to the bottom.
2. Remove the core.
3. Chargrill the pineapple until slightly burnt to create a smoky flavour.
1. Slice the chicken in half lengthways. Place chicken to the right-hand side of the plate.
2. Spoon macadamia puree to the left-hand side of the plate and position the pineapple on top.
3. Garnish with sauce of choice in the middle of the plate.
4. Finish with finely grated macadamia nut over the top of the pineapple and fresh basil.