Recipe by Chef Dennis Leslie
extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 large red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
1 cup white wine (use some of the Innes Vineyard Pinot Gris if you can spare some!)
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Place about 5 litres of water on the boil and add 1 tablespoon salt into the water.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up a large frying pan with deep sides on high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add a splash of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and chilli and sauté for about 1 minute on high heat or until fragrant.
- Add the white wine, closely followed by the cockles then place a lid on the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until the cockles open up.
- Take the lid off, make sure the cockles have had enough time to open up, then strain the pasta and add to the frying pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.